StoneBridge Church Worship Auditions
Thank you for taking the first steps in pursuing auditions with the StoneBridge Music ministry! Please carefully read the below information before you begin to fill out your audition application.
Expectations for Serving as a Worship Volunteer
- Not every worship opportunity is going to be on a big stage, so we really value humility and willingness to serve wherever you may be needed.
- If you are placed in any worship role, you will be expected to show a high level of commitment to your service area. This includes practicing, being on time, and letting your “yes be yes.”
- You must be a member and in a community group in order to serve in a ministry at StoneBridge. If you are currently pursuing membership and/or community, but it is not finalized yet, please let us know where you are in the process.
What is the Music Ministry looking for?
- Many talented musicians do not serve with the music ministry because they simply are not a fit stylistically or there is currently not an opening in their area of skill.
- Just because you may not be asked to serve does not mean you are not gifted. Our audition process is designed to look for the right fit for each team depending on the needs at that time.
- Some of the ministries musicians serve in at StoneBridge demand less skill than others, but all ministries demand people who have a daily, abiding relationship with Jesus, a solid grasp of their skill, and already have a good general knowledge of their craft.
What is the process for Worship Auditions?
- Complete the ‘Worship Audition Form’ and upload your audition video
- See “requirements for an audition video” below.
- Please note that auditions are processed on the first Tuesday of each month. One of our campus Worship Leaders will respond to you shortly after reviewing your application.
- Live Audition
- Once we receive your audition form and video, we then do live auditions by invitation only.
- The Worship team facilitates all auditions and then meet to discuss next steps post audition.
- Next Steps
- We will contact you a couple of weeks after your live audition to let you know the results of your audition.
- On Ramp
- Begin serving with the music ministry.
What are the requirements for an Audition Video?
- Your video must be current (filmed within the last week).
- This does not need to be a highly produced video. iPhone quality is great!
- File size needs to be no more than 256mb (1-3 minute)
- We must be able to see and hear you sing and/or play your instrument.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.