At StoneBridge, we believe that the gospel is most clearly experienced and understood in the context of relationships with others.
Being a part of a Small Group at Stonebridge means you commit to gather regularly with others to encourage one another towards a real, healthy and growing relationship with Jesus Christ. We believe that each person has something to offer and gain in a small group.
A few quick facts:
- Any adult can join a small group.
- Most small groups meet in homes on a weekly or biweekly basis.
- Group discussion is based on the campaign topic, current message series or discussion-based study approved by the Small Group Pastor.
- Childcare is handled on a group-by-group basis.
- Being a member of a small group equips an individual to connect with others, grow with others, and serve with others.
Each year starting in February our church participates in a church-wide campaign. The beginning of each new year is a great time to all focus on a topic together. Next year all of our currrent small groups will be focusing on 7 Habits of a Balanced Faith.
In addition to our current small groups, our goal is to have a number of new Campaign Groups (meeting all around The Woodlands, Magnolia, Conroe, Montgomery & Spring area) for people to join.
We ask people to prayfully consider being a Host for a new campaign group that commits to meet for 8 sessions while participating in the campaign study together. These campaign groups are a great way to test-drive being in a group for a season. Quite often, the relationships developed while participating in a campaign group make the group members want to continue to meet and become a small group after the campaign study wraps up.
If you are interested in learning more about being a Host of a new campaign group for next Spring, there will be a 1-hour training class on December 2nd and 9th at 9:30am in Room 203.
HOW TO JOIN A GROUP
- Click on the Find A Group image to the right. When the new window opens, choose Small Groups from the Category List. (Tip – Enter your zip code for a map view.)
To join a permanent Small Group, choose Small Groups from the Category List after the new window opens. (Tip – Enter your zip code for a map view.)
To join a Spring Campaign Group, choose Campaign Groups from the Category List after the new window opens. (Tip – Enter your zip code for a map view.)
- After the list of open small groups appears, click on the Group you’re interested in and fill in the appropriate information to send a request to join or ask any questions of the small group leader.
- Once you receive an invitation to join from the leader, follow the link in the email to join the group. (You may need to create a FellowshipOne account at this point if you don’t already have one.)