Men's RetreatMarch 4th - 6th at Camp Cho-Yeh. Cost is $195.
Join the guys at the church as we break away from the craziness of life to enjoy time outdoors and a chance to refocus. The weekend will be full of fun indoor and outdoor activities, chances to relax, and opportunities to grow in our friendships and our faith.
FRIDAY, MARCH 04 – SUNDAY, MARCH 06
LOCATION: CAMP CHO-YEH,
2200 S WASHINGTON AVENUE, LIVINGSTON, TX
Scholarships are available if you need financial assistance.
There will be plenty of time on Saturday to relax or enjoy the various activities put on by the camp.
The following events will be offered during Saturday afternoon free time and everything needed should be provided:
- Ax Throwing
- Archery Tag
- Zip Line
- Rock Climbing Wall
- Ropes Course
- Flag Football
There will be cards and dominos available but feel free to bring any other card games or board games that might be fun.
There is an awesome ropes course which is part of the camp and is included. However, there are only three set times to complete the ropes course. The first is Friday afternoon from 4:00pm to 5:30pm. The other two times will be on Saturday during free time at 2:00pm to 3:30pm tand at 4:00pm to 5:30pm. Sign ups for the ropes course will be done during registration at the Welcome Center. We have limited slots available, so sign up early.
LOCATION: Camp Cho-Yeh 2539 Highway 59 S, Livingston, TX 77351
The main entrance is on Hwy 59 before you get into Livingston. There is a big sign made out of logs at the entrance on the right hand side of the highway if you are traveling north. Our entrance is the one at 2539 Hwy 59 S. DO NOT PLUG IN THE WASHINGTON AVE ADDRESS ON THE WEBSITE INTO YOUR GPS. The entrance at Washington Avenue is NOT the entrance for us. Please carpool if possible as parking is limited.
For more information about the camp: https://www.cho-yeh.org/
- Registration: 3:30 – 5:30pm Friday (you will receive your cabin assignments)
- Waiver: Please complete and bring the waiver (see below) with you to speed up the registration process. Grilled sausages and boudin will be served from 5:00pm to 6:00pm
- Activity Sign Ups: If you plan to participate in the Ropes Course and/or the Corn Hole Tournament, plan to sign up at registration. Slots are limited for the Ropes Course.
- Dinner: will begin at 6:00pm.
- First session: will begin at 7:00pm in the Loblolly Meeting Hall.
- If you arrive after 7:00pm please join us in the Loblolly Meeting Hall – see map below.
Please park in the big parking lot and walk up to the Welcome Center. You can either carry your luggage with you or someone will return with you to your vehicle and pick it up for you. You will be carried to your cabin from registration by camp staff. Vehicles are not permitted inside the camp. See attached map of the camp. Please carpool if possible as parking is limited.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Bed Roll: Sleeping bag or blankets and pillow (we will be sleeping on twin sized bunk beds)
- Towels: for showering
- Toiletries: Nothing is provided, bring what you need
- Camp Chair: a lot of the small group time will be outside
- Flashlight: the camp is well lit, but you may still need one
- Snacks: they will feed us well and the food is awesome, but who doesn’t like snacks
- Bible: for small group time, if you do not have one, we will have a few extras on hand
- Comfortable Shoes: we will do a decent amount of walking on uneven ground
- CPAP: if you have one, bring it – do your cabin mates a favor
- Ear Plugs: just in case your cabin mate forgets his CPAP
- Phone/Tablet Charger: there are limited power outlets in the cabins, you may consider bringing a small extension cord which can power multiple devices.
- Clothes to Layer: Temperatures are unpredictable
If you have any questions or need to talk about financial assistance, please reach out.